The Travel Shack
Outside Sales Representative
Outside Sales Representatives for the Travel Shack are responsible for generating new business. This position requires cold calling on perspective accounts in the specialty fields as described below to generate new permanent sales. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location or line of business.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of The Travel Shack’s services and pricing structure.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate service needs.
- Meet or exceed the new business sales goals.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and flyers and follow up with key decision makers.
- Utilize the company’s Growth Management System on a daily basis by scheduling and documenting activities, and developing prospective customer profiles.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Regularly meet with the Travel Manager to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Travel, Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Previous cold calling experience.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- One year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Good Driving record, able to meet Travel Shack driving qualifications.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and training.
- Office environment and traveling to and from businesses.
- Prolonged sitting in car or office.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
A contract for employment will be provided upon acceptance and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.